April 4, 2011
- Welcome To Mac Kid
- LET'S MAKE A DEAL: MACARONI DEALS ROBINSON
- MAC KID'S INCREDIBLE Summer Camp Guide!
- Remembering Ethan Loney
- Gianfranco Spagnolo Photography: Mac Kid Special
- Behind Every Good Student: Lie Good Study Skills
- Faithfully Cakes: One Of A Kind!
- Our Journey " Autism Speaks"
- Just Between Friends Consignment is THIS WEEK!
- Riverhounds Professional Soccer!
- Ask Leigh:"What is the BEST cardio exercise…"
- Phat N@: Christine's Take
- Buy a Cup of Joe For One Of Our "Joes"
- Easter Egg Hunts and Activities!
- Macaroni Celebrates
- The Children's Museum Offers Autistic Family Day
- Riverhounds Summer Soccer Camp!
- Time For Toddlers
- Macaroni Date to Remember!
- National Scrapbook Day! Sat April 9th!
- All About Chocolate
- SHRINE CIRCUS THIS WEEK!
- Lunch Bunch
- It's StoryTime!
- West Pittsburgh Family Park Guide
- Free Haircut @ Shag !
- MORE MACARONI! Pittsburgh Macaroni Kid Sites
- MAC KID DYNAMITE FRIEND OF MACARONI KID DIRECTORY
- GET YOUR BUSINESS LISTED IN OUR DIRECTORY!!
- This Week's Picks
- This Week's Calendar
- Teen Scene
- Plan Ahead
Supporting a Mac Kid Family
By the oddest of circumstances your realize how precious life really is, how sweet the sound of your child's voice is and how the world works to bring people together in the most amazing of ways. I met Kelly Loney through a college friend of mine while her son was bravely battling his final days here on Earth. Ethan Loney was only 2 years old and was a "buddy" of my college friend's son, Jaden. Jaden was also battling the same cancer as Ethan and the two became friends for life. So did their families. While I utliized my 'reach' to share Jaden's story, I became aware of Kelly and Ethan. I followed their story through Julie, on facebook and shared it with the many followers I had around the world who were so taken with Ethan's story.
When the day came that Ethan left us, I cried for Kelly-- I cried as a mom. I cried tears that could never come close to this families pain.
A few months later I began Macaroni Kid Robinson and low and behold found out that Kelly Loney was a local mom. Over time Kelly became a fast friend of Macaroni Kid Robinson's and she is never far from our hearts. She is very supportive of all that we do and we are so grateful.
It's our turn this week.
We stand beside her this week during a time when she will not be able to stand on her own. This week, April 9th marks the 1 year passing of that sweet boy. He loved Winnie the Pooh, Sydney Crosby and the Penguins and jumping in puddles. A puddle does not go by that my girls do not STILL mention Ethan. Rain never falls without my heart set afire thinking of Kelly and Ken Loney during these days.
Mac Kid Readers: Go jump in a puddle this week for him and Kelly and please feel free to share your thoughts and kindess here in the comment section for Kelly.
Kelly-- you are not alone. We do not know what you go through-- but we are with you. Ken -- we are with you as well.
Thank you for letting us know you and your story.
Debby and Christine
Have your say
© 2013 Macaroni Kid, LLC