August 14, 2012
- Conquering Your Fears
- THIS WEEK'S CALENDAR PICKS
- We're Looking for a Few Good Businesses!
- Yes…it's really me in that pic.
- The Wyndham Grand Pittsburgh Downtown
- Findlay Township's Fair in the Woodlands
- PICK YOUR OWN APPLES
- Free Guitar Lessons at the Carnegie Science Center
- Give The Gift Of Exploration!
- Truck Touch 2012 September 29th, 2012
- How To Train Your Dragon Live Spectacular! 8/23-26
- KinderAcademy News!
- Will Shaved Hair Grow Back Thicker?!
- In Need of a Backpack and School Supplies?
- A Benefit for Prader-Willi Syndrome
- Hip Hip Hooray 4 Homework! Make a Study Station!
- Mac Kid Countdown to COOL! WOOPS-- we mean SCHOOL!
- Mission Control
- Morning Checklist
- School Supplies Don't Have to be a Snooze!
- The "ticket" to easy wardrobe organizing!
- STUFF YOU MIGHT HAVE MISSED
Ask Mimi OF SHAG HAIR SALON-- ANSWERS!
Hollie Young said:Is it true that when you shave any part of your face the hair will come in thicker next time? In between eye brow waxing I used my husbands moustache trimmer to shape up the eye brows and now I am afraid it will grow back thicker?
Being that I am Italian and pretty much looked like a monkey when I was born... I was taught at a very young age that I shouldn't shave too soon because the hair would come back thicker and thicker!
To clear things up... This is just another one of the many "little white lies" that our mothers told us for whatever reason... To keep us young, to keep us away from sharp objects, to keep us away from boys.... Who knows!
Here is the truth to the hairy mystery... It in fact..... does..... Wait for it..... NOT grow back in thicker!!! When we wax hair on our face or body we are pulling the hair out... Root and all! When we shave hair we are "cutting" it, therefore leaving a blunt edge that appears thicker even though its not!
I my opinion, its not good to shave your brows in between waxing appointments... By shaving you are making a blunt edge which is more resistant to the wax the next time you go to get your arch shaped up!!
We at Shag have a top of the line waxing crew that would be more than happy to take care of your waxing needs... So this time I'll end with... "Come Get SHAGGED (or WAXED)" and we'll teach you how to "Rock your Look"!!!
Shag Hair Salon, LLC
5500 Steubenville Pike Suite 2D
McKees Rocks, PA 15136 www.shaghairsalon.biz
Got a question for Mimi? Leave it below!
Shag Hair Salon is pleased to announce that it is NOW OPEN ON FRIDAYS from 11am to 7pm. Schedule your next appointment with Alyssa, Shaina, or Natalie and take advantage of the "Friday Mystery Coupon." Shag is looking forward to meeting you and helping you to "rock your look." 412 787 SHAG or www.shaghairsalon.biz
Have your say
© 2013 Macaroni Kid, LLC