Looking for a quick, easy (but potentially messy) way to make a fun Halloween decoration? Here is a craft to make ghosts to decorate your haunted house, they can hang or stand! My Mini Mac and I love working on projects together and this one was easy and uses items you probably have on hand.
- Creamer or water bottle (empty, clean, labels removed, and dry)
- white tissue paper
- paintable glue (We found some at a craft store that is washable and safe for kids.)
- foam applicators
- black permanent marker
- string (for those ghosts you'd like to hang)
This craft can get messy, so make sure to cover your work surface and put smocks on your Mini Macs.
- Using applicator cover top and sides of bottle with paintable glue.
- Take a sheet of tissue paper and mold it to the top and sides of the bottle, adding glue where the paper overlaps.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 to better cover the bottle and create a layering effect. (We used two to three sheets for each ghost.)
- Let dry for a couple of hours or overnight.
- Draw on a ghostly face with markers.
Note: If you would like to hang your ghost, tie the string around the base of the lid of the bottle. We chose to make a couple to hang and tied the string under the creamer bottle lid before adding the glue and tissue paper and poked the long end through the tissue paper as we added sheets.
Decorate and have a fun and spooky Halloween!