Are you looking for local in person or virtual story times in Pittsburgh West - Robinson area? Many of our local libraries have weekly reoccurring story times that happen year round. Below we have compiled a list of our Macaroni KID reader approved local story times.
While these listings are accurate at time of posting, we encourage you to check the MacKID calendar for any changes and always confirm with the venue prior to arrival that the weekly story time is operating as scheduled.
- Baby & Toddler Storytime: Tuesdays at 10:30 AM. Join us live in the Library!
- Preschool Storytime: Thursdays at 11:30 AM. Join us live in the Library!
- Arabic/English Bilingual Storytime: Fourth Fridays at 4:30 PM. Watch via Facebook Live!
Crafton Public Library
- Storytime: Families, caregivers, and little ones are invited to listen to stories and sing songs with Miss Gabrielle every Monday from 11am - noon
- Evening Storytime: Families, caregivers, and little ones are invited to listen to stories and sing songs with Miss Gabrielle every Tuesday from 4:30-5:30 pm
Children 3-5 years old with a caregiver can hear a story, make crafts, and more
In order to protect our immunocompromised and unvaccinated patrons and staff, families attending storytime at Moon Library must follow our COVID-19 safety requirements.
- Everybody, regardless of vaccination status, must wear a mask over their nose and mouth during the entire program.
- Storytimes have reduced capacity, so registration is required and must contain the number of adults accompanying the child in addition to the number of children attending.
- Storytimes are taking place outside (weather permitting).
Waiting on Winter Storytimes:
Register by clicking the appropriate link above or by calling 412-269-0334.
Registration is required and masks are strongly encouraged
- Musical Story Time: Wednesdays at 10:30 followed by Open Play at 11am. Register online HERE.
- Story Time: Tuesday's & Thursday's at 10:30am followed by Open Play at 11am. Register online HERE.
- Baby Lapsit: Friday's at 10:30am for children under 2 years of age followed by Open Play at 11am. Register online HERE.
- Preschool Storytime: Thursday's at 9:30am
- Mother Goose on the Loose: Starting March 1st - Tuesday's at 10am-10:45, 11am-11:45 and 1pm-1:45 Children 0-3 years old. Registration required each week.
- Family Story time at Ohio Township Nature Center: No new dates released yet
All ages. Registration required - 412.741.0937
- Littles Storytime: Tuesdays & Wednesdays from 10:30-11am. Ages: 18 months - 5 years
- Baby Ryhme Time Wednesdays at 9:30am
Read, sing, and shake your sillies out! Then enjoy our Play Area, and check out some books. The same storytime will be presented both days. Please register once online for the whole season by registering for either day. Register HERE.
Virtual Story Time's
Scott Township Public Library | Monday's at 10am. Stop in the library for a Take & Make craft and then join Miss Chris virtually as she reads a story on the Scott Township Public Library YouTube channel.
Wednesdays at 10:30am & 1pm. Each week will be a new story and activity to be downloaded. Register HERE.
Free Little Libraries
Create your own story time by visiting any of the Little Free Libraries in Pittsburgh. Visit www.littlefreelibrary.org for the addresses of the registered libraries in our community and learn a “little” bit about the LFL phenomenon. Don't be surprised if you find a library along your journey that isn't on the site! To obtain street addresses for LFLs that provide only latitude and longitude information, enter lat#, long# [eg. 40.3071399, -80.02642] in the search box in Google Maps. Take a book and/or leave a book when you visit. Repeat!
Do you have a favorite story time we should know about or know of any changes in the listings below? Give us the deets here, and we'll look into it! Don't forget to subscribe to our free weekly newsletter to help you find your family fun in the Robinson area!